- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped, and rinsed well
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth, no salt added
- 2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup macaroni, whole wheat, uncooked
White Bean and Tomato Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Sodium 281mg 12%
Potassium 1198mg 34%
Total Carbohydrates 50g 17%
Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
Protein 14g 28%
Vitamin A 42%
Vitamin C 54%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Use any type of pasta. Smaller pieces work best in this recipe.
Try whole wheat or legume-based pasta for increased fiber content.
Stays in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Got a recipe you want to see here? Suggest a recipe.