- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of one lemon grated on a fine microplane or grater (reserve juice for other recipes)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (you can substitute poultry seasoning or other spice or herb blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit or reduce if spice blend includes salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mixed chicken parts bone-in (drumsticks, legs, thighs, and/or breasts)
- 4 medium russet potatoes cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22g 34%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Cholesterol 111mg 37%
Sodium 283mg 12%
Potassium 882mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 22g 44%
Vitamin A 56%
Vitamin C 16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
To reduce the saturated fat, remove the skin from the chicken after baking.
Serve with a vegetable side like salad or steamed veggies.
There's no need to flip the chicken or vegetables as they bake, but if you're making more than the recipe calls for moving them halfway through will ensure even cooking.
Got a recipe you want to see here? Suggest a recipe.