- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 6 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 15-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 each scallion sliced
Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Sodium 267mg 11%
Potassium 1175mg 34%
Total Carbohydrates 73g 24%
Dietary Fiber 15g 60%
Protein 18g 36%
Vitamin A 85%
Vitamin C 44%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Easily peel ginger by using the edge of a soup spoon.
Substitute 2 hales canned apricots for dried, or omit completely.
Got a recipe you want to see here? Suggest a recipe.