As the year comes to an end, we’d like to thank you for visiting Healthy Tips! We hope we’ve given you recipes, knowledge, and ideas to take into the new year. As we look back over the past twelve months, a few recipes and blog posts really rose to the top.
We have big plans for 2020! Keep an eye out for blogs about food allergies, health literacy, and more from the recurring series, “Prep School”.
Here are the most popular recipes of 2019:
- Stuffing Dumplings – a tasty way to use leftover stuffing
- Succotash with Ground Beef – quick and filling
- Pork Broccoli Casserole – a hearty dish that you can easily add extra veggies to
- Smoked Ham Hocks with Lima Beans – have as a soup or serve over rice
- Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies – a make ahead breakfast that tastes like dessert
- Spring Green Risotto – a truly tasty risotto recipe that leaves the work to the slow cooker
Here are the top 5 blogs of 2019:
- Coming in at number one was Culinary Vocabulary. This post defines common cooking terms, ensuring readers feel empowered to tackle any recipe.
- Chinese Stir Fry Sticky Rice Cakes (aka “Nian Gao”) is a guest blog post written by Stephanie Chen that teaches readers about traditional Chinese sticky rice cakes.
- Wondering if you’re eating enough produce every day? Check out Fruits and Vegetables: More Matters Month to learn about how much you should be eating and what that looks like.
- Prep School: Breakfast is another popular post in the Prep School series. This breakfast post provides ideas for make-ahead breakfasts so on busy mornings you can grab and go!
- Finishing up the top 5 is Inflammation and Anti-Inflammatory Food. Here we get a quick introduction to inflammation, how it relates to disease, and foods to combat it.
If you have any suggestions or requests for post topics, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you in the year to come!
Written by Rachel Caty, MPH, RDN, LDN