You will have leftover caramelized onions after making this green bean recipe.
* Add a spoonful to soup to boost flavors
* Stir some into plain yogurt or sour cream with a little garlic powder for onion dip
* Spread it on top of cream cheese on toast or a bagel
* Place it in a zip-top plastic bag, removing air while you seal it. Flatten out the onions. Press a the back of a dinner knife or a chopstick onto the bag to make a grid (depending on how much you have, a 2×2 or 3×3 grid will work). Freeze flat. When you want a portion of caramelized onion, no need to thaw it all – just break off a section!
Green Beans with Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
Amount Per Serving
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 184mg 8%
Potassium 487mg 14%
Total Carbohydrates 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 32%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.